3.26.2008

Attitude Magazine Reviews Hard Candy Tracks


Attitude ''Hard Candy'' review excerpt.


SHE’S NOT ME
L: J’adore this! I’m better than the competition. It’s so drag.
M:
Is this the campest thing she’s ever done? ’She’s started dressing like
me, talking like me and freakin’ me out. She started reading my books
and stealing my looks and lingerie, what’s that about?’.
L: (Laughs) I want to dance to this now.
M: It reminds me of Thief of Hearts.
L: Disco funk. And there’s football whistles.
M: And double hand claps.
L: Any song where she repeats a word three times - like ’she was stealing, stealing, stealing’ gets me.

BEAT GOES ON
L:
This is unrecognisable from the leak! It’s one of the highlights. Total
80s disco. Xylophones, full on synths. Sort of thing you’d hear at
Horse Meat Disco, an ’everybody get up and dance’ record.
M: Very 80s but not in a modern electro pop way. You think you’re listening to a Shalamar record and then Kanye West comes in.
L: It’s got a Taana Gardner feel to it.
M: It’s the point where she turns on the fun turbo boosters. This is the Candy. It’s too too good...
L: LOVE. IT. Especially Pharrell’s Beep, beeps.
M: It’s gonna be played in every disco in the world for 12 - 200 year olds. Could be an instant classic.

Source: Drowned Madonna