Tour's North American leg starts in New Jersey on October 3; tickets go on sale for fan-club members May 12.
Madonna is taking her show on the road, and it sounds like it's gonna be pretty sweet. And sticky.
On Thursday (May 8), via a candy-as-sexual-metaphor-laden press
release, the Material Girl announced the itinerary of her worldwide
Sticky & Sweet Tour, which kicks off on August 23 in Cardiff,
Wales, and will make stops in most major European markets throughout
September, before heading stateside for an October 3 show at the Izod
Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
The Sticky & Sweet show will hit venues throughout North
America — including a pair of shows at New York's Madison Square Garden
and stops in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Miami — before heading
down to Mexico and South America later in the year.
Just in case you weren't aware, the tour is in support of her 11th studio album, Hard Candy, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart in the U.S.
and also topped the charts in 27 other countries, including Japan,
France, the U.K., Germany, Mexico, Hong Kong and the United Arab
Emirates. (Read what Madonna and Justin Timberlake had to say about making the album together— and check out our visit with the 1985 Madonna look-alike contest winner!)
Tickets to the first few North American Sticky & Sweet dates
go on sale for Madonna's fan-club members on May 12 and will be made
available to the general public later this month. All ticket
information can be found through Madonna's official Web site.
North American dates for the Sticky & Sweet Tour:
· 10/3 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Center
· 10/6, 10/7 - New York, NY@ Madison Square Garden
· 10/15 - Boston, MA @ TD BankNorth Garden
· 10/18 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center
· 10/22 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
· 10/26 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
· 10/30 - Vancouver, BC @ BC Place Stadium
· 11/01 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
· 11/04 - San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
· 11/06 - Las Angeles, CA @ Dodger Stadium
· 11/08 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand
· 11/11 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
· 11/16 - Houston, TX @ Minute Maid Park
· 11/19 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
· 11/22 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall
· 11/24 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
· 11/26 - Miami, FL @ Dolphins Stadium